~NEW START~

That was my friend,
She was the star.
I thought we'd be together to the end,
I copied her hair, clothes, and someday her car.

Now she is gone,
I'm at a loss.
Slowly it's starting to dawn,
Now she's not here who's the boss?

I look to see if anyone can give me the answer,
Who could it be?
It's not the debater, punk, or dancer,
It's me.

What are they thinking?
Who am I to be in the spot light?
Into what lie am I sinking?
No, The're looking at me, not tomorrow, tonight!

Oh what should I do?
How should I dress?
It scares me, this thing so new,
My head is spinning into a mess.

How can I be what they need?
Maybe giving them love hope and light.
I can leave behind a seed,
Giving just enough courage to stand and fight.

Learning when to be strong,
How to say no.
Learning when to move on,
How to let go.

Learning not to hand out hurt,
Not to give what I was delt.
Teaching the tine to stand up and assert,
So the dams just melt.

Life's rain, sun, sleet, or snow,
Each one gives something to learn.
Ever lesson helping us grow,
Lighting our hearts till they burn.

Leading them to the one to whom they can hold on,
The one to help them cope.
the only one that makes us strong,
So they can give others hope.

Leading to hope, joy, peace, and love,
Knowing how we all should live.
Following the pure white dove,
THIS IS ALL I CAN GIVE!

Comments

Niki said…
Excellent thoughts Sarah! All new starts require some sort of loss and there is a mourning period. But the freshness of a new day paired with a positive attitude, focused on God and His plan...girl you will go far! Continue to be you, figuring out who you are, and love everyone in your path along the way! You rock!
Niki said everything I was going to say!!! Listen to her, she's good. love ya, kid!
Anonymous said…
I know how you feel. And after having talked about this many times I know you'll do the right things from this learning experience.
Austin Grabill said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Austin Grabill said…
idk if this is just a poem or this is how u fell or if it this is even what think it means (lol retard person here) just know your not the only one...... figuring out who you r is one of the hardest things in life i think..... I'm still tiring to figure out myself cause i never was myself and i ended up copying people and things that wasn't a very good choice cause i didn't have hope or trust in myself an now i'm paying for it all still..... i'm just saying that believe in yourself an u can never go wrong (I stole that last little part from a movie lol but it fits here i guess lol) later....austin
Sarah said…
Wow Miss Niki! Thank you! and same for Heather!!! I love you guys and look up to you so much! thank you!

Ya caleb we talk about it a lot hu pall? lol but thanks :)

Wow Austin, you give a lot of thoughts. I totally see where you are comming froma nd I'm right there with you! pall you are an amazing person! if I'm right I have goten to see a little bit of the real you. and let me tell ya I love what I see! You'll get there!
Kiki Marie said…
hey amazing girl! just to let you know you are more than i can take all at once! you are so deep yet so caring! love ya! hang in there! u r doing great!
Sarah said…
I love you girl! you make my day! Your so amazing!
Kiki Marie said…
yah i do not feel amazing right now but thanks anyway! i feel like everyone thinks i am a failure! so yep thats my life for you!
Sarah said…
Why is that? Trust me you are doing great.You are not a falier no matter what anyone else says.

Popular posts from this blog

Depressed

RANDOM FACTS

HELLLLLLLLLPPPP!!!!!!!!!!