Just some more stories I thought I'd share to give you some more ideas of how you can "Change The(ir) World".
1. Taking flowers to ladies at the bank :) Those poor ladies get to deal with people and their money... So either it's a really good positive experience or a really hard negitive experience. This is the same with pretty much anyone in the service industry. Giving those ladies flowers was a great way to make them smile, and they got so excited the next time I came in to. It built a good relationship, we now smile and talk every time I go in. :)
2. Thanksgiving night Jennie, Kirsten, and I decided that we HAD to have some McDonalds sweet tea and a movie... yeah it's what we do when we're together. :P We went in and it was pretty busy for 8pm on a holiday. I guess they were thinking everyone would be sleeping drunk on turkey by that time because they didn't have enough people working. The two ladies up front were talking and almost panicing runing around crazy, and the poor guy in the kitchen was cooking all alone. It was just no fun. So as we left we talked to the ladies for a min and just laughed and made them smile. When we got in the car I had three fake (though beautiful) flowers that we decided to take through the drive through... It made their night!!! And we were enjoying it just as much :)
3. This is a story that is easy for ANYONE. After we left McDonalds we had to drop off movies at Block Buster. We went over there and when we pulled up we saw that they were open on thanksgiving too! So instead of using the ousdide drop off we went INSIDE and just told them it was sad they were working on the holiday and we hoped they got extra $$$$$. Jennie and I were talking and we threw out hands up and said HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Kirsten was a little behind and walked in at that point and gave a half hearted HAppY thAnkSGIvinG...! lol It was epic.... they laughed and as we drove away we saw the employees insdie smiling and talking :) Who would have thought that just going inside instead of using the easy outside a store would make someone smile :)
More storied to come.... Lots! Please if you've done something let me know! I love these stories!
This is a place of ME. This is a place where I will let the walls down and be honest. Joys and stories or tears and heartbreaks, they will all be here. Devotionals to poems, my heart is open to you. I will love well. I will love you and honor you by allowing you into my brokenness and the truth that God has reviled to me. This is a place of Me.
Monday, December 20, 2010
My lovely Jennie and I often talk about "changing the world" one day, we have thoughts and plans and dreams of making this world a better place. Showing God's love and making others smile and bring them colser to him.
But guess what? We've found out that we can't change the world! Darn.
I was frusterated with this fact the other day and talking to David abou it. After letting me ramble (like I often do), Then said this... "Sarah you can't change the "world", but each person lives in their own "world" and THAT world you can change."
Wow. So person by person we can try to change THEIR world and hopfully they will pass it on. Who know's one small act could ripple around the world... WE CAN CHANGE THE WORLD!
Even if it doesn't we've put a smile on someones face, warmed their heart, maybe even put a seed in their spirit :) Their world was changed.
Now, I'm going to tell you some stories. I'm not telling these to toot my own horn. I haven't told you all these cool stories yet because I don't want to brag, this is all God not me. So here I go.
1. This is where it all sarted. My Lovely Jennie and I were at church one night and they talked about donating money to our sister church in a forgin country. Right before church was over she dissapeared. I knew she had went to get money. lol She also came back with 12 roses (yes this was what that poem was writtenn about). She gave them out to girls. You can't emagin their faces :) I was walking around seeing these flowers and thanking God for the heart that gave these girls flowers, only to find out it was my Jennie. I'd encourage you to read the poem I wrote about this. It's the best example of how a small act can change a world that I have.
2. I fallowed her example. My great friend Jessica was graduaging and I went to buy her our favorite flowers (guber daisies). As I was walking out of the store a lady with two little boys just said, "wow those are beautiful." I said "Yes mam they are" and walked on. I got it my car and God said, "go buy her flowers". I argued asking God if I was supposed to be broke for the sake of others.... DUH! I'd give everything if I can change someone's life. lol So I walked back in and got her flowers, walked around the store until I found her. I gave her two flowers and the recept so people didn't think she took them. lol
She asked me why and I just said that I felt like she needed flowers today. She got tears in her eyes and said, "Yes, yes I do. Thank you." We talked for a few min and she introduced me to her grandsons. We hugged and I said "God bless" and left.
God did somthing in her and in me that moment. :)
3. I had a few flowers from her boque left and so as I was driving I gave them to sevreal people I saw along the street that I felt like God was saying they needed one. One I rember that will always stick with me. I saw and elderly lady on the sidewalk carving something, a stick I think. So I stopped my car and gave her flowers. She spoke no english and I don't think she was all there meantally, but she looked at me saying something, the biggest smile on her face, and she kissed the flowers. Wow. :)
Guess what? God let me keep the last three flowers :) He loves me too!
Well those are just the first few, but this is long and I am sleepy! lol SO I'll give you more ideas later. Really, look what a few flowers did :) To God be the praise!